Why Choose Philadelphia
Philadelphia: The Clear Choice for Your Next Meeting or Convention
With a state-of-the-art Convention Center located in the heart of the city (boasting the largest ballroom on the East Coast), plus world-class shopping, nightlife, culture, dining and thousands of hotel rooms all within a few blocks, there is nothing missing in this modern metropolis.
Add in the city’s excellent off-site venues and our award-winning hospitality industry, and you’ll see that the list of all Philadelphia has to offer within a compact, walkable downtown is as long as our history.
The second-largest city on the East Coast and fifth largest in the United States, Philadelphia is within 200 miles of 46 million people. It’s the cradle of liberty, a city of medical firsts and the only World Heritage City in the nation. It’s home to James Beard Award-winning chefs, was named one of the most walkable cities in the nation and lies less than 2 hours from New York City and Washington, D.C., by Amtrak. See more of Philadelphia By The Numbers here.
Read more about what we do for you, including how our specialized business development divisions (PHL Diversity, PHL Life Sciences and PHL Sports) are here to help you make your meeting or event a success.
Contact PHLCVB Sales or submit your RFP today!
- NEW Online Venue Search Function: Find the perfect facility to fit any group size
- Progress & Partnerships in Philadelphia: 2015 Town Hall for Our Customers (video webinar rebroadcast)
- Helping Our Customers: PHLCVB Sponsors MPI’s Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate Course
- Best Performance: American Association for Cancer Research Sets Records in Philadelphia
- Q&A: Mike Barnes, Business Manager for the Stagehands Union
- New Day Continues: ‘Culture of Change’ Here to Stay at Pennsylvania Convention Center
- PHLCVB Meeting News Archive